Sunday, June 8, 2008

House Swapping

Interesting concept. I read about it in Tara Road. In the US, typical places to house swap to are California, Florida and New York. I am sure there are other places that are of interest also. Now this concept has been taken a step further to "swapping homes for good". It still looks like a real estate transaction to me. Although certainly a unique transaction. I think this would work better when the homes are priced similarly. Would you be interested in buying the home of the person that is buying your home if it is the home and the location that you desire?

Many times people are upgrading or downsizing or relocating due to employment, education, family etc. What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don’t know how many people have heard about them, but home swapping is becoming a popular vacation option among those that are interested in saving money while still getting to visit different great places around the world. From an apartment in London to a home in Montana.

There are many Internet-based services that pair prospective travelers with one another for a home-exchange vacation but I would highly recommend www.homeforswap.com

DEHausfrau said...

The concept is interesting in that it seems like a creative way to get around having to pay realtor fees (kind of the ultimate For Sale By Owner situation).

Motherhood101aplus said...

Thanks for your comments. Laura, I was not able to see your blog. Please send me a link when you get a chance. Thanks for reading!