Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Dinner for 5 for $26

Is it possible to get dinner for $26 and serve 5 people? Sure.  How often do we go to the grocery store for one meal?  My goal was to spend under $30.  I wasn't necessarily buying for one meal but most of what I planned to buy was for one meal.  

My thought process was buy eggs, bread and milk plus items for dinner.  Dinner is Perdue chicken patties, rolls, milk and pudding.  Everyone in my family likes chicken patties but they do not all like milk.  It is certainly easier to serve one meal for everyone but how often does that work out?  I also bought a frozen pizza that could be served another day.   

Could I put the same meal together but buy ingredients rather than premade items?  Would the results be the same or similar?  I guess you do need to look at the time that it takes to make the dinner and the cost of the electricity involved.  

Rounding all items up

Eggs $3 

Milk $5

Bread $2

Pizza $5

Chicken $5

Rolls $1

Pudding $3

Happy shopping!


No comments: