Friday, August 26, 2022

Payday!

Today was a payday.  Last week I had a windfall of cash that I spent throughout the week.  So I figured since I was only using cash during my week off I would carry that trend this week.  

I had an idea to contribute to my daughter's 529 account each paycheck.  I was considering 1/3 of each paycheck.  Instead I paid money towards debt.  Clearing the debt is always a good move.

They always say to make your money work for you.  Obviously you are not going to make much with your dollars in a low interest checking account but you can make sure you know where every dollar is going.

This breakdown is based on two weeks of income rather than a month.

Gym 9.6%

Credit Card 26.7%

College Expenses 3.3%

Football Game 8%

School Clothes 24%

Luncheon 10%

Remaining 18%

This list does not include all expenses.  This is just what I plan to do with the funds.

Normally you have extra expenses that are not planned for and you need to readjust your plans.

I have three people that I am buying clothes for this week.  The actual amount spent could be less but hopefully not more.  That is where cash comes in.  It is harder to part with cash.

Have a great Friday.  Happy saving!

No comments: